Windows Store-apps with XAML and C# – blog seriesThomas Claudius Huber
Since yesterday evening Winodws 8 RTM is out for developers. This blogpost is the start of a blog-series about developing Windows Store-apps with XAML and C#. The series consists of some informational and some “how-to” posts:
- WinRT XAML vs. Silverlight XAML
- The naming issue: Metro Style-Apps, Windows 8 Style-Apps, Modern UI-Style Apps or Windows Store-Apps?
- Understanding Modern UI, WinRT and .NET (for Windows Store-apps)
- how to use CallerMemberName for MVVM in Windows Store-apps (and .NET 4.5)
- how to access files and folders in Windows Store-apps
- how to print in a Windows Store-app
- how to use contracts to integrate your app in Windows 8
- how to create and use Live-Tiles
- how to use ListView and GridView
More topics will come. If you’ve topics not listed above you want to read about, write a comment on this post.
The first post about XAML will be written till saturday evening