Hey, I’m the first time in Seattle, what are your recommendations?Thomas Claudius Huber
When I travelled to Seattle for my very first MVP Summit in 2013, I planned an extra day to visit the city. Awesome Kirupa Chinnathambi from Microsoft gave me some great tips. Here just a quick write up what Kirupa told me:
- Columbia Tower (much better than the Space Needle…though less bragging
- Serious Pie (great pizza)
- Din Tai Fung (if you like Taiwanese soup dumplings, highly recommend this place. It’s in Bellevue as well as Seattle/University Village)
- Gasworks Park
- Underground Tour
- Boeing Factory Tour (Everett, WA – totally go here. This is like the best thing ever btw!)
- Boeing Future of Flight (South Seattle)
- My favorite sushi places: Umi Sake House and Momiji
- Pike Place Chowder (the Salmon chowder is really good)
- International District (Great east Asian food. The French Toast at Purple Dot Café is a great dish!)
Kirupa said: “I spend a LOT of time eating, standing around, and staring. My
recommendations largely reflect that”. :-)
I did a lot of Kirupa’s suggestions, Underground Tour, Columbia Tower, Serious Pie (the pizza is really great) and more.
If you’ve more recommendations to share, just add it to the comments and I’ll update this post.
Enjoy the MVP Summit and don’t forget, everything is under NDA!